"If there is no wind, row" - on the wall of my gymnastics gym at Hinsdale Central High School

Monday, June 13, 2011

Necessary Downshifting

I have tendency to go "out of the box" strong when bicycling, and the outcome is sometimes good and sometimes not so good.   Over a long distance, I can recover, if I overestimate my constitution on a particular day.  We have a not so good . . .

I had increased my pack weight two weeks back.  Apparently early last week, I tweaked my left knee and I really felt it this morning with 58 lbs. at the start of the weekly in-town morning routine.  There is a small amount swelling, which I have started icing.  Will walk without weight for the next two days and ice before I head up to Spokane for ORGL690.

My enthusiasm got the better of me.  Something I really need to learn from for the balance of my training time and when together in Washington with the team.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment