"If there is no wind, row" - on the wall of my gymnastics gym at Hinsdale Central High School

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back in Spokane

I have enjoyed being back in Spokane for Heroic Leadership.  I have been walking everywhere and averaging between 7 and 10 miles per day with my books, computer, etc. 

Unfortunately, the class schedule did not allow me to meet up with the local members of the class.  I have enjoyed visiting more local establishments like Jack and Dan's, Zola, Sante and Pete's, Steelhead, and return stops at Mizuna.

During the course of the reading Heroic Leadership, I have come to see complimentary themes with Hardiness: "Instead of wishing circumstances were different magis-driven leaders either make them different or make the most of them." (Lowney, 2003, pp. 243-44)  I raised connection to the group during our time together.  Both of my summer classes seems to be mutually reinforcing learning, which is an unexpected benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment