"If there is no wind, row" - on the wall of my gymnastics gym at Hinsdale Central High School

Sunday, July 24, 2011

19.5 Hour "Hammerfest"

Hammerfest is:
  1. Computer video game
  2. A town in Norway (my heart goes out to all of those in Norway who have suffered as a result of the horrible tragedy of recent days)
  3. The name of a former Nantahala Outdoor Center program for adventure racing over a 24 hour cycle
  4. All of the above
Following a little over four hours challenging my commitment and control over my body on the Shelby Farms circumnavigation, I switched focus to challenge my mental and spiritual underpinnings as I worked to complete the capstone Heroic Leadership (ORGL690) Vere Mudus project for the client.

It was a 19.5 hour "whole person" work out, made possible by the weekend.  Five hours of sleep and then the final three hour push to complete the fifty slide project.  Mission accomplished; satisfaction realized; hardiness and resiliency modeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment